Modular Eco Cottage
For rural landowners, communities and employers who are seeking housing solutions, and want to reduce their global footprint, our modular Hempcrete ECO cottage is an easy, durable solution.
We replace petro-chemicals with natural materials, and a fibre reinforced lightweight cement, for a live, dynamic and energy efficient sanctuary, free of concerns like pests, water and fire damage.
- 2 bedroom, 612 square feet, 14 x 24’, fully self contained modular, movable cottage
- Timber frame structure, and natural, durable materials throughout
- Walls are Hempcrete; a high-performance, energy efficient, living and dynamic material
- Cottage is built into a metal skid-it can be winched onto a truck and moved
- Solar ready, with low energy appliances. Ready to go off grid.
- Designed for compost toilet and greywater option
- Optional outdoor covered-living space, storage, and can link several together for a larger home
Enter through double French doors into a welcoming central area is 1.5 stories, with 2, full -height lofts, one over the bathroom and another over the living room. The two loft areas are open and flexible as bedrooms, office or library space. The stairs are full size, for ease of access.
There is a full bath tub in the “Spa room” and a separate, private toilet room across the hall accommodates either compost toilet and greywater design or regular flush. Second bathroom is easily added upstairs. Washer and Dryer included.
The kitchen is modern, bright and spacious, and complete with propane stove, fridge, and rolling island.
The living room is a cozy haven with the tiny wood-burning fireplace and flexible room for the usual comforts. Windows are placed strategically to ensure maximum solar gain, and natural light pours in from all sides.
Recycled materials are used whenever possible, such as for the double French doors in the entry. Downstairs ceilings are 7 foot 8 inches high, so it feels spacious
Walls are energy efficient Hempcrete to avoid pest water and fire damage. Walls are plastered throughout with our natural plaster, which comes in a range of beautiful colours.
Heating is easy and the quality of moisture and temperature is superlative with breath-able walls of Hempcrete.